Turkey Cristo Low Carb Chaffle Edition

Personally, I am not a huge ham and swiss fan, but I did once try a Monte Cristo at a local restaurant that was kind of amazing. This recipe is my attempt to ketofy and de-ham that sandwich. In order to do that you need a bread like substance. I decided to go with a chaffle.

Chaffles are all over the keto internet. Some say they are too eggy, other's cant get enough. Some versions are a fathead dough stuffed into waffle maker. Some are a minute muffin recipe stuffed into a waffle maker. Below you will find the version that I whipped up after trying various other versions.

Turkey Cristo Chaffle Sandwich
Chaffle Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. almond flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
4 Tbsp. liquid egg whites
1 Tbsp. Mayo
(Optional)
10 drops OOO flavors Glazed Donut
1 small squirt of sugar free sweetener

Rest of the sandwich:
Smucker's Sugar Free Raspberry Jam to taste
Deli slice mesquite turkey lunch meat
1 slice Gouda cheese
Swerve confectioner's sweetener

Directions:
Heat up your waffle maker/s. (I use dash minis for portion control and perfect sized breakfast sandwiches)
Mix together your almond flour and baking powder.
Whisk in the egg whites and mayo. (Also your glazed donut flavoring and sweetener if you are using.)
Pour half the mixture into one mini waffle maker.
Pour the rest into your next waffle slot.
Let cook 3-4 minutes depending on how brown you like your waffles.
Once chaffles are completely cooked remove and place on plate.
Add turkey to one waffle maker to heat up.
You could also add the gouda cheese at this time if you want it melty, but it does get a bit messy if you close the waffle maker on the gouda.
While your turkey is cooking, spread the raspberry jam on the chaffle.
Once sandwich innards are done cooking place onto chaffle with jam. 
Top with other chaffle and dust sandwich lightly with Swerve confectioner's sweetener.

Pro Chaffler Tip:
For a crispier chaffle add a touch of cheddar cheese to your waffle maker/s before adding batter and this will crisp up nicely while they are cooking.

Top view of my chaffle sandwich. No cheese added to waffle maker.

View of chaffle with crispy cheese topping.

How much cheese I add to make it crispy. Hardly any.

What your dash should look like if you split the batter in half.



Yes I have an amazon shopping addiction...but they have so many ingredients readily available. If you buy from my links I do get help spending more money for more ingredients. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It doesn't cost you more, it just gets you access to the same ingredients I used.

Comments

Popular Posts