Low Carb Spring Roll

After a failed attempt trying to make a wrapper with chia seeds and xanthan gum today's experiment is where I landed with a low-carbed spring roll. I wanted to use xanthan gum to try and get a chewier mouthfeel. I haven't decided if it is actually necessary. I do think I will do more experimenting and will update the blog when I decide what I like the best.

Low Carb Spring Roll - No chia seeds involved

Wrapper Ingredients:
4 Tbsp. Liquid Egg White
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 oz. cream cheese softened

Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
2 Tbsp sugar free peanut butter
1.5 Tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tsp. liquid allulose
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar

Inside Ingredients:
2 Pre-cooked Shrimp
2 Mint leaves
2 Thai Basil leaves
1 or 2 giant lettuce leaves
Cilantro is optional
Carrot is also optional. I don't to keep it lower carb.



Wrapper Directions:
Blend egg white, xanthan gum, and cream cheese in a blender.
Spray a frying pan with avocado oil. 
Heat to medium low.
Spread out mixture thinly in frying pan and cook on both sides.
Remove to cooling rack.

Peanut Sauce Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. 
Heat for 30 seconds. Stir.
Keep heating and stirring in 30 second increments until liquid.

Roll Directions:
Once wrapper has cooled, place shrimp, lettuce, mint, and basil in center of wrapper. (Make sure ingredients are dry.)
Roll up from the bottom, tucking in sides of wrapper as you go.
Cut in half.
Dip in peanut sauce and enjoy.


Yes I have an amazon shopping addiction...but they have so many ingredients readily available. If you buy from my links I do get help spending more money for more ingredients. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It doesn't cost you more, it just gets you access to the same ingredients I used.





Comments

Popular Posts