Morning Ricotta

Have you been missing hot breakfast cereal since you went keto/low carb?
As an independent child; with a single mom who worked too hard and was frequently away from home, I was often left to create my own breakfast. Since mom wasn't looking things tended to get added to my morning Malt-O-Meal that probably in retrospect shouldn't have been. My absolute favorite breakfast addition combo consisted of brown sugar, maple syrup, peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Today I have successfully low-carbed this childhood favorite. It tastes just like I remember. Using ricotta gives this ketofied hot breakfast replacement the Malt-O-Meal mouthfeel of my youth.

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp. ricotta
2 Tbsp. sugar free peanut butter
1 tsp. Sukrin Gold (sugar free brown sugar substitute)
1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. sugar free chocolate chips
Drizzle of sugar free maple syrup to taste

Directions:
Add ricotta, peanut butter, sukrin gold, 1/2 of the chocolate chips and butter to a microwaveable bowl
Cover bowl and microwave for 1 min.
Stir.
Garnish with rest of chocolate chips and maple syrup.

I like to marble in the last chocolate chips so that you got melty chocolate bites. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts