|Chicken and Waffles with Country Gravy and Sugar Free Maple Syrup|
|A picture without the gravy so you can see what they actually look like.|
I am still perfecting my country gravy recipe...so today I will supply the recipes for the waffles and fried chicken.
1 cup almond flour (or whatever nut flour you have on hand)
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (you can also use unflavored. It's what I had on hand.)
2 1/2 Tbsp. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. water
6 oz. greek unflavored yogurt
3 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Preheat your waffle iron to a medium setting.
2. Mix together your dry ingredients.
3. Add all wet ingredients to combined dry ingredients and stir. (I just use a whisk.)
4. Place a scant 1/4 cup of batter into each waffle section of your waffle maker.
5. Cook for 4 mins. (Or whatever works on your appliance.)
Each triangle comes in at about 4 net carbs.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
Coconut Oil (how much depends on the size of your frying pan. There should be enough to cover your chicken breast halfway up.)
2 Tbsp. water
1/4 cup coconut flour (you can also use almond flour)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tsp. McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning (If you don't have this, use garlic, black pepper, salt and paprika to your taste.)
1. Melt coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat.
(In containers big enough to coat your chicken in)
2. Beat eggs and water in one container.
3. Combine flour, parm and spices in another container.
4. Dredge your chicken in the egg bath.
5. Dredge your chicken in the flour and parmesan mixture.
6. Fry your chicken in the coconut oil. Flipping after about 4 mins. or coating turns golden. (Be gentle when flipping.)
Net carbs for the chicken: 3
Yes you could bake these. I would suggest spraying olive oil on them though so they crisp up in the oven.