Low Carb Taco Empanadas with Spanish Cauli-"rice"



I can't take credit for the empanadas. I combined two recipes with a slight twist.

I took the filling from here https://joyfilledeats.com/taco-empanadas/

I added egg wash to the crust to seal the edges when I crimped them together and also coated the empanadas with egg wash to make them pretty.

I will say they are a bit of work, but it was a meal for me, a meal for my man, and two lunches for me. (I'm not being selfish. He doesn't like to eat all the low carb food I make, since he isn't low carb.) The nutrition info below is figured for 11 individual empanadas.


I used Prepworks by Progressive Dough Press - Set of 3, Dumpling, Raviolo, Turnover, Empanada, Pierogi to form the empanada crust. However, you could cut out squares and make triangles, sealed with a fork.


Low Carb Spanish Cauli-Rice


1 pkg. Green Giant Riced Cauliflower
1/4 cup peas (you could leave these out. I just wanted color.)
1 tsp. KNORR Bouillion Caldo de Tomate
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning

Prepare riced cauliflower one minute less than packaged directions. Strain out excess liquid.
In large sauce pan combine all ingredients. Simmer for about 10 minutes and serve. Makes about 6 servings

Comments

Popular Posts