Tools of the trade

As a single, sometimes lazy, person... who loves kitchen gadgets it would only be fair to warn you up front what I use to cook with on a regular basis. I am in no way affiliated with the products I am about to mention. I just happen to really like them. (I have however set up an Amazon Affiliate site. I want to make it easy to find stuff. One of the biggest complaints I have seen over the years is that weird ingredients and utensils can't be found locally.) Most of the recipes I post or blog about will be made with the following items. Feel free to click on them if you are feeling spendy.

This thing is fantastic for omelettes. In 7 minutes exactly you can cook from 2-4 scrambled eggs that are moderately filled with whatever deliciousness you'd like.

I use this as a dehydrator and oven mostly. Awesome for cooking up three chicken breasts at a time and saving some for later. The one I have is a smaller model, its nice for baking and not heating up the entire house. I had a larger one once, but it broke and I didn't really need the bigger one. I love the smaller model and have had it for years now.

A must for protein shakes, and green smoothies. This has a nice strong motor perfect for crushing ice. It really needs to have enough liquid though to run properly.

The Magic Bullet:
A smaller version of the above. I find I like it better for smaller jobs and jobs that require pulsing. Whipped cream, hazelnut butter.  I also frequently use it to mix up eggs for omelettes.

Parchment paper:
If you are going to make any sort of baked crust or cracker this is necessary. I've ruined pans by attempting to cook without it. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Comments

Popular Posts