Catalina Crunch Review

I am not being paid for this review. It was today's easy lunch.

It does not look like this.


It's more, pellety? Like hamster food. That's what I got in my KetoCrate this month.
According to the company they are having production issues and the cereal will be in dot form.
Photo from KetoCrate
So I loaded up my 3/4 cup serving, added my 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk, (I don't like my cereal drowning.) added some stevia and dove in. The stevia helps a little. The cereal takes on a slick mouth feel once wet. I might try some sugar free maple syrup next time...or some sugar free vanilla coffee syrup. OOOOOooooo or maybe smore's flavor.
On its own, without sweetener and just cashew milk, it's bitter. Which I guess makes sense when you think of it as dark chocolate. On its own, straight out of the bag, it doesn't have a ton of flavor. It kind of reminds me of really crunchy protein powder.
Next time I think I will add a full cup of milk. It does turn your milk into chocolate milk. Which does remind me of cereals from my childhood.
One serving only has 90 calories. I definitely wasn't full and added a fat bomb to my meal.
Ingredients: Catalina Low Carb Flour Blend (Pea Protein, Potato Fiber, Corn Fiber, Chicory Fiber, Acacia Fiber, Guar Gum), Tapioca, Sunflower Oil, Cocoa, Baking Powder, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E, Organic Stevia (Natural)

Comments

Popular Posts