Low Carb Avocado Toast

 Low Carb Avocado Toast

Toasted Sunflour quick bread with ChocZero Cocoa Hazelnut spread, avocado, 
NuTrail Keto Granola, ChocZero Hot Honey and a smattering of sea salt.



I like to experiment with different low carb flours to main better gut biodiversity. Today I tested out Sunflour. It is made from sunflower seeds. Initially when I tried a basic 90 second bread recipe it turned out a little dry, so I decided to hop on the cottage cheese train. I figured it would add some moisture. I buy  Lactaid Cottage Cheese as we also use this to make keto ice cream and it is easier on my household's lactose intolerant guts.

You can top this with whatever you like, I was feeling avocado toasty. Might try to create a garlic bread tonight to go with some keto chicken parm.

What it looks like fresh out of the microwave.
Toast lightly so as not to dry it out.

Low Carb Sunflour bread recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 3 Tbsp. Sunflour
  • 2 Tbsp. Bamboo Fiber
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 Tbsp. Cottage cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. Avocado oil
  • 1 egg

Directions:

  1. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
  2. Blend cottage cheese, egg and avocado oil in blender.
  3. Combine with dry ingredients.
  4. Place in microwave safe dish.
  5. Microwave for approximately 2 mins 15 seconds.
  6. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
  7. Toast if you would like.

Comments

Popular Posts