Low Carb Nutella Crepes

Sometimes I regret having a super old Minolta E323 camera from I'm guessing 2005ish...
The photo I took for the knock off Nutella Recipe that I low-carbed is underwhelming to me. I thought it would be prettier in a crepe.

I've also been meaning to try the recipe for the Cream Cheese pancakes from this blog:
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

Today was the day to try for another "Nutella" picture and make some pancakes.

I made my "Nutella" first. Sliced up some berries. Whipped up some cream. Made the pancakes. Put it all together and here is what I got.

These crepes are also great with Sugar Free Maple Syrup.
I will never buy a low carb pancake mix ever again.
These are much better.
Sadly...you can't see the hazelnut spread inside.
I find that the pancakes are really more crepe-like.

Recipes:
Cream Cheese Crepes

Whipped Cream
2 Tbsp heavy cream
Dash of Stevia
Dash of Vanilla

Whip together in the Magic Bullet with the flat blade. It takes mere seconds.
Net Carbs: 1

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Ingredients:
1 oz. roasted hazelnuts
1 oz. sugar free chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
(optional)
1/2 tsp of sugar free hazelnut syrup. (I currently have Torani. I like Monin O'Free as well)

Directions:
Chop up hazelnuts in food processor. Depending on your processor switch blades.
Continue processing nuts. In my machine they get really fine and form a ball.
Continue processing nuts. Eventually the ball flattens out and starts to glisten.
Stop processing nuts. Switch back to a chopping blade.

In a microwave safe container combine chocolate chips with cream.
Microwave for about 30 seconds on a medium high setting. Check with a spoon to see if the chips are melty.
If not, microwave a bit longer.
If they are melty, add the cream and chocolate chips to the nut butter. Blend all ingredients together.

Net carbs: 6

To assemble spread hazelnut spread on top of the crepes and roll up. Dollop whipped cream on with a spoon.


Net carbs without berries: 9.5 (That's for all 6 crepes!)

Comments

Popular Posts