Low Carb Breakfast Burger



I happen to love breakfast burgers. You know the ones, hashbrowns, cheese, egg and burger all on some kind of high carb bun. Well, I have finally low carbed the breakfast burger. Pictured above is my version. I eliminated the high carb bun by creating what I am calling a cauli-brown chaffle. Basically it functions as a bun but still gives you the crispy hashbrown feel.

Cauli-brown Chaffle

Ingredients:

1 10 oz. bag frozen riced cauliflower
1/4 cup pork panko crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup grated parmesan-regianno mix 
Some shredded cheddar cheese (Not optional but hard to measure)

Directions:

Preheat your waffle maker/s (I use this kind.)
Microwave riced cauliflower for 6.5 minutes
Stir in parmesan and pork panko
Add egg and stir until fully incorporated

To your waffle maker put a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
Place about 1/4 cup of caulibrown mixture on top.
Add another thin layer of cheese on top of mixture. It is important to add the cheese as it keeps the cauliflower brown firm and crispy.

It takes about 6 minutes to crisp up in my waffle maker.

When done, place on a cooling rack while you fix the rest of the sandwich. (It isn't done if it is pulling apart when you try to lift the waffle lid. Let cook longer if this is happening to you.)

About this much cheese
Use this much cheese. Just a thin layer.



Rest of Burger

Ingredients:

1 burger (Mine was frozen)
1 egg
1 slice colby jack cheese

Directions:

Cook burger according to package suggestions. (I air fried mine.)
Melt cheese on burger.
Cook egg to desired doneness. (I prefer poached or fried over easy.)
Assemble above ingredients on chaffle bun.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts