Lazy Keto Noodles

This is what Joy Filled Eats Easy Mozzarella & Pesto Chicken Casserole looks like on top of my Lazy Keto Noodles. 

There are a lot of noodle recipes out there. Some have worked...some have disintegrated in water. While I think zoodles are the healthiest option, sometimes I just don't want zoodles. (Zoodles are made by cutting zucchini into noodle shapes.) That's when I make these. This recipe was inspired by the cream cheese pancake recipe of I Breathe I Am Hungry fame. Mine is the simplest noodle recipe, just three ingredients. (Probably because I am the laziest and I don't like messing with making homemade noodles that are complicated when I also have to make something to put on top of them.) These are easy to throw together when I am boiling regular noodles for the regular noodle eating people I feed.

I have played around a bit with the amount of fiber in this recipe.
You can safely use up to 1.5 tablespoons of psyllium husk powder.
If that is too fibery for you, you can safely go down to 2 teaspoons of fiber.

The more fiber, the firmer the end dough. You can easily use this as a wrap for a sandwich with the higher fiber amount.  The noodles become more delicate with the lesser fiber amount. You can cut this to shape. I've used this in mexican keto lasagna by cutting it in half and using a square casserole dish.

If you cook the noodles too long they will have a bready texture, but you will still be able to put sauce on top of them and twirl them with a fork.

These keep fairly well in the fridge for a few days. I haven't ever tried to freeze them, because I ate them all.

What it looks like when you pull it out of the oven when you cook it too long because you
were paying attention to other things you were cooking.
Ingredients
4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons psyllium husk powder

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place all ingredients into blender/bullet contraption and blend until well combined.
Spread ingredients on parchment paper on cookie sheet. 
Use a spatula to make a very thin even rectangle.
Cook for 7-8 minutes depending on your oven. 
Cut noodles into desired shape and top with your preferred deliciousness.



Cutting up the noodles with my noodle cutter.
As always you will need to figure out your macros with your ingredients. The below is just a guide.

I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It doesn't cost you more, it just gets you access to the same ingredients I used.

Comments

Popular Posts