Thursday, July 26, 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread...Low Carb of course

Chocolate Hazelnut spread served with low carb crackers
 that I'm still perfecting for bloggery purposes.

On the menu today....my  low-carb version of Nutella. It's not as smooth as its predecessor...but a low-carber needs all the fiber they can get.

You will need an appliance that can chop nuts, and then turn them into nut butter. I use both blades that the Magic Bullet came with. Basically, you use the one with the blades sticking up to chop up the nuts. Then you use the flat one to turn them into nut butter. Then you go back to the chopping blade to add the melted chocolate and cream. I've tried this recipe with and without sugar free hazelnut syrup. I'm undecided which way I like it better, so I will leave that to your discretion.

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Ingredients:
2 oz. roasted hazelnuts
2 oz. sugar free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons heavy cream
(optional)
1/2 tsp of sugar free hazelnut syrup. (I currently have Torani. I like Monin O'Free as well)

Directions:
Chop up hazelnuts in food processor. Depending on your processor switch blades.
Continue processing nuts. In my machine they get really fine and form a ball.
Continue processing nuts. Eventually the ball flattens out and starts to glisten.
Stop processing nuts. Switch back to a chopping blade.

In a microwave safe container combine chocolate chips with cream.
Microwave for about 30 seconds on a medium high setting. Check with a spoon to see if the chips are melty.
If not, microwave a bit longer.
If they are melty, add the cream and chocolate chips to the nut butter. Blend all ingredients together.

This makes 2 servings. Some for today, and some for tomorrow!
Net carbs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment